Sermon Title: Gratitude is the Key Attitude
Worship service date: November 25, 2018
Interim Pastor Thomas Hiltsley
Primary Bible verses:
2 Corinthians 9:1-15
Key sermon points:
Who or what – really – is in control of our lives? 5 Practical Consideration for Keeping our lives Christ Centered.
- God owns it all.
- Lord Jesus must oversee and direct everything and every decision of our lives.
- A Tithe is a basic first adjustment – not magic or legalism; it is simple, practical, instructional life alignment.
- In addition to the Tenth (tithe) which is foundational – :
- Generosity is required of Kingdom citizens.
- It is a defining character trait of the King
- It is a primary value for all Kingdom assets.
- “Proportionate giving” – “as the Lord has prospered you” is a New Testament guideline.
- “Sacrificial giving” is encouraged.
Giving is ALWAYS a heart issue!
- Giving must be directed to the Lord.
- While we give out of love and gratitude, we MUST give OBEDIENTLY.
- Four suggested guidelines as we give.
- “On the first day of the week” – disciplined regularity.
- “Let each of you” – each person is to be an involved participant in giving.
- “Do just as he has purposed in his heart” – giving ought to be purposeful, intentional and premeditated.
- “God loves a cheerful giver” – from Greek ‘hilarios’ we are to be hilarious givers!
“What you do reveals what you believe about God regardless of what you say.” Henry Blackaby