Sermon Title: My Lord and My God – A New Confession
Worship service date: May 5, 2019
Interim Pastor Thomas Hiltsley
Primary Bible verses:
1st John 1:1-7
Key sermon points:
“The Resurrection never becomes a fact of experience until the risen Christ lives in the heart of the believer.” – Peter Marshall.
“It is one thing to hear for oneself a sweet lute sweetly played, and quite another thing to merely hear about it.” – Henry Souso.
Thomas moved from hearsay to experience with a new and personal confession of faith.
“My Lord and My God”
- The OBJECT of his faith: – God incarnate in the person of the Risen Christ
- The NATURE of his faith: – Intimate and Personal commitment to the Risen Jesus
- The CHARACTER of his faith: — Voluntary heart felt allegiance to Jesus as Living Lord
How to personally move from hearsay to experience
Make your own new confession of faith:
- Acknowledge you sin and need of a Savior
- Believe that Jesus, God in human body, died on the cross and rose again from death
- Confess in word and deed that Christ is your personal Lord and Savior