Sermon Title: Love, part one
Worship service date: August 5, 2018
Interim Pastor Thomas Hiltsley
Primary Bible verses:
John 13:34, 35
1st Corinthians 13:1-13
Key sermon points:
Though everyone talks favorably about Love, Christian Love as taught by Jesus, and the New Testament writers is dramatically different from Love as used in any other context.
- Love as used by the world around us is…
- based on desires, wants & perceived needs.
- focused on getting or taking & using & controlling.
Biblical love comes from God.
- God’s love is giving and forgiving.
- God’s love in us will also be giving and forgiving.